?NEMA is the leading trade association in the United States representing the interests of electrical manufactures. Founded in 1926 and headquartered near Washington, D.C., its nearly 325 member companies manufacture products used in the generation, transmission and distribution, control, and end-use of electricity.
Full membership is open to any company that manufactures products within the Product Scopes, for sale in the United States, subject to Board of Governors Approval. Members that produce products within the NEMA scope may also join the relevant product groups (sections). Section programs are typically product-specific and a section budget includes funding for value-added services provided by NEMA. Services may include:
- Developing product standards or facilitating company participation in the standardization process of another SDO
- Representation of the industry in a national or state legislative or regulatory process
- Access to the members-only Intelligence Portal, a service offering targeted content to keep you informed of industry news
- Members are eligible to participate in customized market research programs
- Participate in industry marketing efforts focused on expanding market opportunities
More broadly, NEMA members benefit from regular interaction with other companies and individuals from their industry who have common concerns and objectives. Networking among peers under a legal umbrella by trained NEMA staff provides tremendous value to member companies.
What Does it Cost to Become a NEMA Member?
All members pay a base fee of $3,000 per year, in addition to section-specific fees, which are based on product sales in North America.
See the links on the left-hand side of the page for the full membership application.
For more information on membership in NEMA, contact Christine Shattuck or call NEMA at 703-841-3200.